Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Assignment #12

I think the most difficult part in my research process is creating a thesis. I know it is simple for some, but for some reason i just have trouble with it. While researching my question, i was not surprised that most of my results turned out the same. Most reviews that i have read about the Google policy say that it is a bad thing. Specifically that the people that have reviewed it all agree that it has gone too far. They now take their services else where. For example, instead of using Google to research things, they use search engines such as duckduckgo.com and blekko.com. Both engines are completely private. They leave no history or cookies such as Google. The users feel as if these search engines are more secure since they pretty much leave no traces. The most difficult part of my research is finding an example of how someones personal information was used for wrong doing. I have yet to find it, but that is probably because i have specifically looked for an example from Google. I would probably have better luck if i searched for an example that has happened from any web browser or any search engine. If i find any example of such a case, i can then just compare it easily to how Google has to power to do the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment